As a private candidate, taking exams can be overwhelming and daunting, especially if you are unsure of the procedures. Emperia College is a friendly centre that offers advice and guidance to private candidates. We can help you with most written exams at GCSE/A-Level.
PROCEDURES AND REGISTRATION:
New candidates MUST visit the Centre IN PERSON to register. (A parent cannot register on behalf of their child) To process registration you must bring the following documents:
- Photographic identification (passport or driver’s license)
- Proof of address document within the past 6 months (utility bill, TV licence, etc).
- Completed Emperia College registration form HERE SHOULD BE A LINK FOR REGISTRATION FORM
- UCI number – (only if you have written exams elsewhere in the past 5 years): *The UCI is 13 characters in total - 12 digits and a letter on the end. The best place to find this number is on your previous Statement of Results (or Statement of Entry).
- Pay full fees at our centre on day of registration.
Book an appointment Monday – Thursday from 9:30am to 3:00pm
Advice on how to pick up your A Level and/or GCSE results will be emailed around the end of July. You can usually pick these up in person, call over the phone or they will be posted second class.
Certificates will be posted home by Emperia College, around November/ December. Certificates are kept in storage for 2 academic years after which they may then be destroyed. Copies are not kept. Please make sure that you keep your certificates in a safe place as you most certainly will be required to produce these as evidence of your qualifications at a later date, when taking up a place at university or applying for a job.
Exam fees for internal candidates (students must register for a minimum of 10 hours of tuition or join one of our courses)
- GCSE £90 per subject
- GCE- £75 per unit
Students registering for less than 10 hours’ tuition in their exam subject will be considered as “private” candidates for whom there is a %50 surcharge in exam entry fees.
- GCSE £135 per subject
- GCE- £115 per unit
Late entry charges
- Stage 1 Late Fee £50 per GCSE/ GCE unit
- Stage 2 Late Fee £90 per GCSE/GCE unit
We also invite students to sit with us Cambridge Assessment Admissions Tests like
Cambridge assessments and Oxford tests
University of Cambridge pre-interview assessments
University of Oxford admissions tests
BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT)
Other admissions tests and assessments
English Literature Admissions Test (ELAT)
International Medical Admissions Test (IMAT)
Mathematics Admissions Test (MAT)
Test of Mathematics for University Admission (TMUA)
Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA)
To register send an email to email@example.com